“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.” ~Confucius~
Many secondary students are focused on what their lives will look like after high school. Stress and anxiety often rule the day with Social Media taking the lead. Yet many students don’t grasp that their online content can help propel them forward – or destroy their future aspirations with a single post.
We teach students how to create inspiring and purposeful content that supports their goals and hopes and dreams. Through storytelling, real-world experiences and advice from post-secondary decision-makers, this session speaks directly to the real impact that a students’ online content will have on their personal and professional opportunities and reputations.
Students are also encouraged to embrace balance around screen-time and to derive contentment away from the screen. Time away from the glowing screen often means that they are living more wholly without missing anything meaningful. The presentation is 60-minutes in length.
*** ONLINE FOLLOW-UPS ***
In response to educator requests to visit their classroom and speak with students following the presentation, we now include three online follow-up, in-class visits throughout the year. It’s an opportunity to do Q&A, update content, and engage students with new ideas, insights and strategies.
*** The frequency of follow-up visits outlined below is a guideline contingent upon your class schedule, other activities, available time, and as requested by the teacher and/or students. ***
- A few days after the initial session we connect with teachers via email to gather feedback and any loose ends such as questions that arose afterward
- *** Three times throughout the year, scheduled around your timetable and priorities, we are back in your class, via Zoom, to catch up and do Q&A, demonstrate new app ideas, strategy and best practices. The revisit schedule is optional throughout the year
- Benefit #1; students anticipate the revisits and opportunity to re-engage and bring their questions, ideas and concerns to a smaller, more intimate setting – the classroom, whole grade or other venue
- Benefit #2; if the teacher wishes to schedule a call outside of the scheduled revisit, an email or text to us with a time that works, is always available
- Benefit #3; your students have a skilled social media coach available to them throughout the school year who supports them with the positive power, digital leadership and reach of social media in their lives
Learning takeaways; Students learn step-by-step how to build, maintain and enrich their online experience by creating and managing authentic, compelling content that reflects their true selves without inflating or embellishing who they are. Case studies and relevant, real-life examples are illustrated. The exercises students undertake are sustainable, repeatable and easy to execute. And, as in the elementary/middle school session, five important criteria are emphasized: Listen More, Post Less, Stay Relevant, Add Value, Be Respectful.
COPYRIGHT 2019 CMV SocialMedia Inc. – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED