“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.” ~Confucius~
It’s a new world. With students learning from home and many returning to school in September, physical distancing measures mean that most large gatherings of students in gyms and auditoriums will not be possible for the 2020/21 school year. With that, the value of outside presentations and workshops is not diminished. It simply means that the delivery system has to be revised.
Social Media and social apps dominate student life. In a COVID-19 world, they are even more relied upon to build relationships, establish connections and stay in the loop.
Educators have asked us about delivering our presentations and workshops to smaller groups such as individual classes or a specific grade, online, directly into the classroom. To this we responded with a resounding, YES!!
We don’t teach from the perspective of fear because students don’t respond to it or respect it – and it doesn’t support an effective learning strategy. Is bullying and privacy-risk covered? Absolutely – through education and empowerment around the virtues of gratitude, character and purpose – not fear.
HOW IT WORKS…
- With the teacher as intermediary, the session is run through the online learning platform of your choice; Zoom, Google Meet, MS Teams, etc. We are on the screen engaging directly with you and your students. The session is vibrant, entertaining and interactive – and every student has a voice in the session
- Through Q&A, poll questions and Chat, we illustrate how your students’ online content is evaluated by elements of their future. And how to cultivate a value-set that they own and use as a benchmark to their online content. Students begin using social media with purpose and tend to view screen-time more intentionally, which can reduce stress, anxiety and other social issues
- Illustrating functional app settings and advanced settings, students begin to understand the process of contributing to others, expressing gratitude and, if desired, being noticed by future influencers
- For younger students (grades 4-6), many of them are already connected and experiencing some level of pressure and anxiety. This session engages them as we share relevant safety strategies. And through storytelling, how social media will shape their relationships and reputations
BENEFITS AND TAKEAWAYS…
- Because the learning is online/remote, and in smaller groups (the classroom), your students have the benefit of a personalized experience and social media coach who supports them with the positive power and reach of social media in their lives
- We are often available to “drop-in” to reinforce a lesson or concept should an issue or incident arise
- All of the above can be duplicated for your faculty PD sessions, online
If this personalized online learning experience looks like it will support your students and educators, let’s talk: email@example.com.
LEARN MORE ABOUT…
- Elementary and Middle School presentations
- Secondary School presentations
- Parent presentations
COPYRIGHT 2020 CMV SocialMedia Inc. – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED