Social Media and social apps dominate student life. In a COVID and post-COVID world, they are relied upon even more to build relationships, establish connections and stay in the loop.
Much of my work for the 2022-2023 school year will be a mix of (finally) in-person and virtual presentations and workshops. And with the familiarity of Zoom, Google Meet, MS Teams these platforms offer the ability for quick check-ins and sessions that deal with relevant, time-sensitive information.
ONLINE PRESENTATIONS; HOW IT WORKS…
- The presentation/workshop is vibrant, inquiry-based and interactive and is run either in-person or through Zoom, Google Meet or MS Teams. Every student is engaged and has a voice in the session
- As we move into what some are calling an ‘endemic,’ student well-being is improving, however continues to be a fragile and unstable state-of-affairs. Functional digital literacy and fluency is the catalyst for students to understand the inherent benefits of intentional screen-time and social media. How-to, step-by-step, examples with which to build and sustain purpose and intention, online, is the cornerstone of the “Digital Well-Being” presentation.
- We illustrate how your students’ online content is evaluated by elements of their future. And how to cultivate a value-set that they own and reference as a benchmark to their online content. Students begin using social media with purpose and tend to view screen-time more intentionally, which can reduce stress, anxiety and other social issues.
- For younger students (grades 4-6), many of them are already connected and experiencing some level of pressure and anxiety to compete, socially, and be constantly in the loop. This session engages them as we share relevant safety strategies. And through storytelling, how social media will inform their attention and values – and shape their relationships and reputations.
If this personalized online learning experience looks like it will support your students and educators, let’s talk: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEARN MORE ABOUT…
- Elementary and Middle School presentations
- Secondary School presentations
- Parent presentations
COPYRIGHT 2022 CMV SocialMedia Inc. – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED